A company specializing in the sale of solar panels and heat pumps in Saint-Roch-sur-Richelieu, in Montérégie, will have to pay a fine of $3,000 for having obstructed the work of the Office de la protection du consumer (OPC).
Solution Hydro Solaire allegedly refused in June 2019 to provide the OPC with information and documents that it was entitled to obtain in the execution of his duties, such as contracts, account statements, as well as copies of checks or payments received from the Native American Green Fund (FCAA).
“Solution Hydro Solaire has pleaded guilty , on February 9, 2022, to a charge laid under the Consumer Protection Act. The company will have to pay a fine of $3,000,” the OPC said in a press release published on Thursday.
According to a report from the program “La Facture” in April 2020, the he company sold a solar energy system and collected 20% of the total cost of the work and installation, and, it was said, the Green Fund paid the other 80% under its PERAA (renewable energy program for Native Americans). Customers reportedly paid a deposit to receive the system, but never received it and were not refunded.
Katrine Johns has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining The Gal Post, Katrine Johns worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my email@example.com 1-800-268-7128