Fallen Hollywood star Kevin Spacey denied in court on Monday actor Anthony Rapp's sexual assault charges for which he is currently on civil trial in New York .
“I have no recollection of being with him at a private party or being with him in an apartment,” as the plaintiff, he answered questions from his lawyer.
Double Oscar-winning actor, Kevin Spacey disappeared from screens and boards after being one of the first artists swept away in October 2017 by the #MeToo global wave, born in the United States.
The American actor Anthony Rapp, 51 at the end of October, who notably plays in the series Star Trek: Discovery, had filed a complaint in September 2020 for advances and alleged sexual assault at a party in New York in 1986 , when he was only 14 years old.
In his complaint, Anthony Rapp claims that Kevin Spacey then invited him to his Manhattan apartment, where he picked him up in his arms as he watched TV, placed him on a bed and rubbed himself against him.
During cross-examination on Monday, Kevin Spacey described his father as a “white supremacist” and a “neo-Nazi” – something he had never said in public before – who disliked homosexuals and disliked his interest in the theater.
Spacey said he felt “shocked, scared and confused” after Anthony Rapp's accusations were published in a 2017 Buzzfeed News article, and issued a public apology on the recommendation of his agents, which he regrets today.
“I learned the lesson, never apologize for something you didn't do,” he said.< /p>
If he publicly reveals his homosexuality in stride, it is because he had been thinking about it for more than a year in view of his well-established acting career, he also claimed .
“I have been accused of trying to change the subject, trying to distract, or confusing an accusation with being gay, which has never was my intention”, he declared in tears, before adding that he “would never have done anything to hurt the gay community”.
Besides this lawsuit, Kevin Spacey has other run-ins with the law in the United States and the United Kingdom. In London, he is thus prosecuted for sexual assaults on three men between March 2005 and April 2013, when he was a theater director, and for which he pleaded not guilty last July.
Katrine Johns has been a reporter on the news desk since 2013. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining The Gal Post, Katrine Johns worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-268-7128